Tours to the Mayan ruins cover amazing sights ranging from the pristine white sand beaches of the Caribbean, to the lush green jungles from which Mayan ruins emerge in all their majesty.
Put yourself in the hands of the best Mayan ruin tours and explore every aspect of the Mayan mysteries. A forty-five minute walking tour of these sites won’t suffice as a real experience, but when you sign up for some multiple days of experience, you’ll have the time for the full experience. Go beyond the glance of the day-tripper, and see what the Mayan jungles and landscapes truly have to offer. These tours make it a simple matter to enjoy the sights, without any hassle of planning or logistics intruding on your holiday.
Features of the All-Inclusive Mayan tours
When you join any of the Mayan ruins tours, you can enjoy the sights without any of the hassles you can ever think of.
The tour features include:
- Air conditioned luxury transportation to all the sites will be provided on all Mayan Riviera tours, so you won’t have to worry about car rental or driving directions; you will be delivered in comfort to every place of interest.
- Entrance fees and the cost of guided tours at every site are included, from various ruins and historical walks to National Park entrances and marine preserves.
- Knowledgeable tour guides explain the significance and history of cultural sites and answer questions in multiple languages. Get to know your personal local guide and enjoy their experience and information.
- Enjoy the beaches, jungles, waterfalls, and adventure opportunities as well as in-depth looks at the Mayan ruins and culture.
- Hotel stays are included as part of the price.
- Additional transportation modes are covered for the planned sites, including taxis, ferries, boats, and public buses.
What separates a day tripping tourist from a serious cultural adventure is the depth of the experience. A day-tripper might snap a few photos of a pyramid before heading back to the beach and the bar. You’ll enjoy some beach and bar time too, but you will have more than a postcard to show for your cultural adventure when you head back home.
Typical itineraries for Mayan tours include the following amazing experiences, ranging through several countries:
- Chichen Itza and Merida — This famous site includes the ruins of a pyramid and an entire Mayan city, from the carved pillars of temples to the ball court where Mayan players enjoyed the Mesoamerican ball game from which basketball sprang.
- Palenque — Mayan ruins, as well as the jungle’s stunning waterfalls at Misol-Ha and Agua Azul.
- Lacanja — Yaxchilan ruins and Bonampak ruins, along with the Lacandon jungle’s stunning waterfalls.
- Flores in Guatemala — An island town in the Lago Peten Itza, within a short drive of the Tikal ruins.
- San Ignaco, Belize — Sacred Mayan caves, called Actun Tunichil Muknal, and the rarely visited Xunantunich ruins.
- Caye Caulker –The Hol Chan Marine Reserve is one of the world’s top dive and snorkel sites, where you can swim with nurse sharks and sting rays.
- Playa del Carmen –The cliff top ruins of Tulum and the diving destination of Cozumel are within reach of this beach resort town.
The loop tour begins and ends at a beach resort town, so you can enjoy the resort experience, in addition to your in-depth cultural adventure through the Mayan Riviera with Mayan tours.